Welcome to the Venture Cafe Foundation Calendar!
- This event has passed.
Wellness Innovation Night
June 21 @ 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Learn from local industry leaders, scientists and experts about innovations in wellness, behavioral change, nutrition, fitness, environmental, societal wellbeing and more. Learn how to start or accelerate your wellness-related startup. There will be keynote speakers, flash talks, a panel discussion, demo tables, free samples and more.
Join us at Venture Café Kendall on June 21st – Free Samples!
If you are interested, please add your name here for estimated headcount purposes: http://bit.ly/wellinnovencaf
AGENDA AT A GLANCE
5:30-6:30PM – KEYNOTE SPEAKERS, WELLNESS INNOVATIONS
- Nataly Kogan, “Happier” – From Russian Refugee to Business Powerhouse to Happiness Entrepreneur: A Cynic of Self-Help-Turned Ambassador of Joy Offers an Illuminating Guide on the Practice of Happiness.
- Dr. Charles Krebs, “Uplift Naturally” – Dr. Charles Krebs is a visionary research scientist, university lecturer, and clinician who has spent the last 30 years unlocking the secrets of how the brain, body, and our neural communications systems function, and link to the Energetic Systems of the body.
- Justin Wright, “Habitus Incorporated” – Justin Wright is a consultant, facilitator and executive coach. He has expertise providing transactional assistance, advising clients on behavior change, mediating disputes and providing mediation and negotiation training and executive coaching. Building teams and cultures of collaboration and easing friction and stress in interpersonal interactions.
6:45-8:00PM PANEL DISCUSSION – WHAT PROBLEM YOU ARE SOLVING IN THE WORLD WITH YOUR COMPANY AND HOW ARE YOU INNOVATING SOLUTIONS?
- Derek Haswell is the Co-Founder & VP Product at 10% Happier, a meditation app for fidgety skeptics. He’s been on the Boston startup scene for the last 10+ years, building products that help people lead happier & healthier lives.
- Kit Pang is a Communication Expert, TEDx Speaker and the Founder of BostonSpeaks, one of Boston’s leading communication training organization helping individuals master their communication and public speaking skills.
- Mikelina Belaineh, J.D is the Chief Program Officer forInnerCity Weightlifting (ICW). In her role, she is responsible for the implementation and further development of all ICW programming.
- Nick Patel is the Founder and President of Wellable, a wellness technology platform that enables employers to run fun and engaging health and wellness challenges through an ecosystem of consumer technologies they already know and love, such as Fitbit, RunKeeper, Strava, Apple Health, and more.
- Shree Ramachandran: Dhanashree (Shree) Ramachandran is a certified Art of Living instructor. She has taught yoga, meditation, and Kriya to hundreds of adults and children in India and the US. www.massyogameditation.org
5:30-7:30PM FLASH TALKS – A MORE IN-DEPTH LOOK AT SOCIETAL, ENVIRONMENTAL, AND MICROBIOME HEALTH.
- 5:30–6:30 [Octave room] “Resiliency with Craig Kelley ” Cities have Chief Resiliency Officers. Businesses plan for resiliency. Schools teach resiliency. But what, exactly, is “resiliency?” And for whom? Under what conditions? During this session we will explore what resiliency means and learn how to hold relevant discussions about how to become “resilient” at home, at work and in your community. Craig Kelley is a 7 term Cambridge City Councilor, chair of the City’s Public Safety Committee, former Marine Corps Infantry Officer and resiliency expert.
- 5:30–6:30pm [Santa Clara room] “Mother Dirt creates biome-friendly products for the skin that challenge us to reconsider what it means to be clean and healthy. Come learn more about the science behind the products! Tina Adoniou is the Editorial Director of Mother Dirt.
- 5:30–6:30pm [St. Thomas room] “Inside Tracker” Dr. Gil Blander is internationally recognized for his research in the basic biology of aging and translating research discoveries into new ways of detecting and preventing age-related conditions. He leads a team of biology, nutrition & exercise physiology experts, and computer scientists at InsideTracker, and has been featured in CNN Money, The New York Times, Forbes, Financial Times, The Boston Globe to name a few.
- 6:30–7:30pm [Santa Clara room] “Urban Herbs” FlowerFolk Steph Zabel, MSc, is an herbalist and botanical educator who helps urban dwellers connect with the plant world. She teaches seasonally-oriented herbal classes that focus on local plants, herbal medicine-making techniques, and plant identification. She is also the creator of Herbstalk, Boston’s community herbal conference.
- 6:30–7:30pm [Octave room] Boston Health Advocates co-founder Dr. Brita Lundberg will explore the burgeoning field of health advocacy. What is a patient advocate? Aren’t we all patient advocates, at one time or another? Dr. Brita Lundberg, co-founder and principal at Boston Health Advocates LLC, physician health advocates who support you, your parents or children as you navigate the complexities of the medical system. She will talk about five ways to advocate effectively for yourself or a family member with a serious illness. The problem: as medical decision making is increasingly being transferred to the patient, how can you make decisions knowledgeably? Enter the professional health advocate, who can offer research on unclear diagnoses, review your medical records, talk with your physicians and translate the medical world for you so that you know what is happening, why it is happening and what your options are.
5:30-7:30PM – DEMO BOOTHS AND INFO TABLES
- Technology for Mindfulness
- Tyme Wear
- Try Sophia
- Juice Plus
- Brooklyn Boulders
- Kendal Square Association